Come ride w us during the winter. We leave the parking lot in Dutch Branch Park at 5:30-ish every Tuesday night. This is an out and back route along the lake so no maps needed. The route is up and down a little with only 2 decent sized hills. Certainly better than another hour on the trainer!!
The lake road has very little traffic!! I think we've had 2 cars at most on each ride so far.
We've ben averaging 16-17 so not too fast. If you get dropped, there are several places we regroup, or you can either get back on as the group comes back the other way, or ride with any of the several other groups that are out there at the same time.
Being Winter, there are some rules, and some guidelines:
• Lights are required. It's dark out there, no streetlights. That little blinky handlebar LED isn't going to cut it. Bring a real headlight and some tail lights. The more lights the better. There seems to be a light competition going.
• Bring $2 for the park pass. (you can buy an annual pass if you like)
• Dress warmly, once the sun goes down, the temp drops about 5-10 degrees.
• If its under 40 deg, we generally won't ride.
• If its raining, sleeting, or generally any type pf precip, we won't ride.
Danny is the ride coordinator. Call or text him for an update at 817-522-3070
If you are running a few minutes late, we don't mind waiting. Call or text Danny and let him know.
Ride Start Location