Santa's Scavenger Spin...a holiday cycling adventure starting at Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop and based off the Trinity Trails. The ride is aimed to be a fun and friendly holiday scavenger hunt on bicycles. Most clues will be holiday related and will be based off the Trinity River, immediately surrounding neighborhoods, shopping centers and local known spots. To keep things fair, there will be two competition categories of a short course and long course, and both capped by a time limit of either 2 hours or 3 hours.
There will be no route, the clues will navigate you to areas wherein riders collect points. Team concept is highly encouraged.
Over 25 scavenger riddles and clues were created. For some, the answers to the riddles will provide the spot. For others, the riders must navigate to the noted spot to find the answer. Bring a pen and a cell phone for pictures.
Here's what to expect:
1. Everyone receives the CLUE sheet at the same time before the ride.
2. Determine the answer to the riddles.
3. Riders may either choose to stay, organize their answers or dash off immediately.
4. Determine you best navigation to accumulate most points. Each spot will accumulate points. Some spots have more points than others.
5. You jot down the answer and take a cell phone picture to confirm your arrival.
6. Return by a set time. No entries if you arrive past the cut-off time.
7. Turn in answer sheets, those with most points is declared the winner.
8. Best of all, you get a bicycle ride all at the same time.
Prizes: There will be prizes for the winners. They’re not all finalized as of yet but do include some bike shop gift certificates and some other fun prizes.
Post-ride, continue the fun with some socializing and holiday spirits at Press Café.
Meet at the bike racks on the east side of building. Open Door holiday adventure...club membership not required; however, sign-in for rider safety, rider tally and Clue sheet.
Starts promptly at 1:00 p.m. The weather is predicted to be sunny and in the upper 60s.
Please text or email, if questions. (preferred)